Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did the word "nigger" come from?

Thanks

Default Where did the word "nigger" come from?

Can anyone please tell me when did we start using the word "nigger" and where did it originate. I thought that this question would be best answered here at this wonderful site.
    I enjoy saying that word so much that I would like to know where it came from. Thanks!
    :hangingnigger:

nigger_stomper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking View Post
    Can anyone please tell me when did we start using the word "nigger" and where did it originate. I thought that this question would be best answered here at this wonderful site.
    I enjoy saying that word so much that I would like to know where it came from. Thanks!
    i think it comes from the anglo-saxon for shit

Thanks

interesting..........
    :hangingnigger:

Thanks

It's a variation of neger, which came from French negre, which came from Spanish negro, which (probably) came from Latin nigrum, which is the masculine accusative form of niger, meaning "black."

Any questions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As the lethal injection took effect, Watts said, "Can I say something? I'm dying but." :hangingnigger:
    "F**k the NAACP in the ass with a big rubber dick." --Irateirishman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Neuss View Post
    It's a variation of neger, which came from French negre, which came from Spanish negro, which (probably) came from Latin nigrum, which is the masculine accusative form of niger, meaning "black."

Any questions?
    So basically its not a profane or offensive word in any way. So how can the word be considered that way by society? Its a inaccurate assumption correct? The word is good but looked upon as bad by the low IQ and ass kissers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSS
    So basically its not a profane or offensive word in any way. So how can the word be considered that way by society? Its a inaccurate assumption correct? The word is good but looked upon as bad by the low IQ and ass kissers.
    Words have meaning, and people attach values to them such as "polite" or "rude." That's why words are useful: large numbers of people agree on their meaning and proper use.

If enough people agree, in effect, to be offended by a certain word, that's all that's necessary for that word to be considered offensive. There's nothing about the word by itself that makes it a nice word or a bad word.

You won't convince overly sensitive people that nigger is a nice word, if that's what you're getting at. You could look up the origins of the four-letter words and find that most are unremarkable, but you won't be able to use this information to convince someone that they are nice words, or that people are only offended by them out of ignorance or stupidity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As the lethal injection took effect, Watts said, "Can I say something? I'm dying but." :hangingnigger:

Mississippi Wind Chime Guest

Default The art of saying the word "NIGGER", my favorite word

"Nigger" is my favorite word! I say it with a hard R. Those who say "nigga" are either niggers or nigger lovers. They soften it up for niggers to cuddle up to the word. I say it with a hard R to pierce the nigger, to stab him with the word. That hard R on the end is a sharp barb at the tip of the spear.

It's good to say it with a subtle vengeance. There should be a little energy behind it when you say nigger, so that when somebody hears it, they know there's nothing nice intended. Emphasis on the N is called for. A hard G, and hanging on the G slightly, is refined technique. But the R must be a hard R, with solid and piercing intent.

My friend Predominant White says I probably wore out the "N" on my keyboard. Hell, I replaced the N on this keyboard twice.

Thanks

Default Nigger barack hussein obama

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking View Post
    If you look in down your toilet (after a good shit) you can see where the word nigger originated.
    http://www.tightrope.cc/White-Power-...omeniggers.mp3
    Last edited by Nigger Barrack Hussein Obama; 12-29-2008 at 03:15 AM. Reason: correction

Mississippi Wind Chime Guest

Reminds me of Arnold Schwarzenegger. His last name, Schwarzenegger, means "Black Nigger" in German. No wonder he worked out so hard and became Mr. Universe. He must have been PISSED!

Thanks

I saw Schwarzenegger on the Letterman show, not long after he married Maria Shriver (a Kennedy). Letterman asked what his name meant, and he translated it as "black plowman." Letterman then asked how the Kennedys felt, having a black plowman in the family. That got a big laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]